Part-Time and Seasonal Jobs

This video was published by the IRS. Students and others often get part-time or seasonal jobs to earn extra money or to save for later. But many people don't know that they may have to report and pay taxes on their income. When you start a job, you need to fill out a Form W-4, which [...]

Do I Need to Fill Out a New W-4?

This video was published by the IRS. What should you do to make sure you don't end up with an unexpected tax bill when filing your tax return? Or maybe you'd like to take home more pay now and get a smaller tax refund later. Or, what if your family's income changes during the year, or [...]

Renting Your Vacation Home

 This video was published by the IRS. Do you own a vacation home you sometimes rent to others? If so, there are rules on recording your rental income and expenses. For example, if you rent out your vacation home only for a short time - fewer than 15 days a year - you may not [...]

Child Tax Credit and Credit for Other Dependents

This video was published by the IRS. Many parents claim the Child Tax Credit to help with the cost of raising children. The credit can be $2000 per qualifying child. This credit applies if: The child is younger than 17 at the end of the tax year. You claim the child as a dependent. The child [...]

Itemized Deductions Changes

The following article was published by the IRS. Changes from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act mean the standard deduction is worth almost twice what it was before, so you may get more benefit from the standard deduction than from itemizing. To figure out whether you should itemize, you can search "how much is my standard [...]

Go to Top