Extension of Time to File

If you need more time to file your tax return, don't worry. Getting an extension of time to file is easy. You can get an automatic extension of six months by filing Form 4868, available at IRS.gov/extensions. This is only an extension of time to file, not to pay. You still need to pay any tax [...]

A Tip for Teachers: Some Educator Expenses May Be Tax-Deductible

This article was published by the IRS. The educator expense deduction allows eligible teachers and administrators to deduct part of the cost of technology, supplies and training from their taxes. They can only claim this deduction for expenses that were not reimbursed by their employer, a grant or other source. Who is an eligible educator: The [...]

Tax Filing Status

One of the first things to figure out with your taxes is which filing status to use. What counts is your status as of December 31st, not any other time of year. There are five filing statuses. Which one is yours? Single - If you're single, divorced, or legally separated as of December 31st, you're probably [...]

IRS Warning: Scammers Work Year-Round; Stay Vigilant

This article was published by the IRS. The Internal Revenue Service is reminding taxpayers to protect their personal and financial information throughout the year and watch out for IRS impersonation scams, along with other schemes, that try to trick people out of their hard-earned money. These schemes can involve text message scams, e-mail schemes and phone [...]

Tips to Avoid Tax Return Errors

Did you know that if there are mistakes on your tax return, it can take longer to get your refund? Worse yet, you may owe additional tax. One common mistake is not choosing the right filing status. You can avoid this mistake by using the IRS' Interactive Tax Assistant on IRS.gov to help you choose the [...]

Go to Top