This video was published by the IRS.
The IRS is working hard to serve you better. One way they are doing this is by offering access to some of your Federal Tax Account information online. Just visit IRS.gov/account to get started.
You can access these features:
- Your balance and details, if you owe federal taxes.
- Links to pay your taxes with your bank account, debit, or credit card.
- An option to set up an online payment agreement by selecting “Go to Payment Plans.”
- Your recent payment history.
- Your tax records through the “Get Transcript” tool.
- Key return information from your most recent tax year.
Your balance will update every 24 hours, usually overnight. After payment, allow 1-3 weeks for it to be applied and show in the payment history. To view your account, select the “Create or View Your Account” button. If you are a first-time user, you must authenticate your identity through the secure access process. If you have a username and password, you can use them to log into your online account. If not, create one on the login page.
In addition to the online account, the IRS has several self-service tools and resources for individuals, businesses, and tax professionals. Go to IRS.gov/tools.