This video was published by the IRS.

When school’s out on break, what do you do with your children? If you send them to a day camp, the money you pay may qualify for a tax credit when you file your taxes. This means you might get some money back. That’s because day camp expenses can be used to claim the Child and Dependent Care Credit.

Just remember, it must be a day camp. Overnight camps do not qualify. So, if you pay to send your child to a day camp, or some other day care arrangement, or if you pay someone to watch your child at home while you work, you may qualify for a credit of up to 35% of the amount you paid.

Use the Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA) at to see if you can claim this credit, and how much you may get. Just scroll down and click “Am I Eligible to Claim the Child and Dependent Care Credit.”