The following video was published by the IRS.
The Tax Exempt Organization Search (or TEOS) provides you with faster, easier access to tax exempt organizations. TEOS includes images of newly filed 990 forms, the paperwork charitable groups send to the IRS. And it’s mobile friendly so you can access it anywhere using a smartphone. TEOS helps you find:
- Organizations that can receive tax deductible contributions
- Organizations whose tax exempt status was revoked
- IRS letters granting exemptions issued since 2014
- Form 990-series returns that groups filed with the IRS in January 2018 or later
- Organizations that have filed a Form 990-N (e-Postcard)
So get familiar with TEOS by visiting IRS.gov/TEOS.